BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER. Dicky will be happy to discuss postage and how you would like to progress the purchase i.e. Royal Mail registered post return of chanter for the reed to be tailored on, for example, a practise set or half set with drones. UK Special Delivery £6.70 : Europe Signed £8.48 : USA Tracked £9.17 : Australia Tracked £9.38. Contact: email@example.com
Dicky has been making Uilleann Pipe Chanter Reeds since the mid 1980’s. Due to the demanding temperature/humidity differences in Australia (lived in Tasmania for 20 years) he’s developed reeds which are tough yet gentle, warm in tone yet sparky and, when treated well, stand the test of time. Here are some of Dicky’s favourite old reeds, still purring away after all the years and a brand new kid on the block showing great promise, whilst put through the oul’ exercise for a week then dated and signed to deter any more fiddling.
TOP ROW: WIDE-BORED UILLEANN PIPE CHANTER REEDS from left to right
1) Made Hobart, Tasmania 12/12/1988 3:45pm.
2) Made Hobart, Tasmania 17/3/1989 12:15pm
3) Hobart, Tasmania 23/10/1990 4:25pm
4) Hobart, Tasmania 18/6/1992 1:30pm
5) Hobart, Tasmania 17/1/1997 2:30pm
6) Hobart, Tasmania 27/7/1998
7) Haworth Hall, Hull, Yorks 2/3/2008
MIDDLE ROW: NARROW BORE C# UILLEANN/UNION PIPE CHANTER REEDS from left to right
1) Hobart, Tasmania 7/8/1997
2) Hobart, Tasmania 27/9/1999
3) Haworth Hall, Hull, Yorks 8/4/2013 9:30am
4) Haworth Hall, Hull, Yorks 10/4/13
5) Haworth Hall, Hull, Yorks 23/5/2019 1:25pm
BOTTOM POSITION: WIDE BORED UILLEANN PIPE CHANTER REED:
New kid on the block has been put through the paces for a week and is fabulous and deserving to be signed, placed and dated.
The reeds are all signed, placed and dated:
1. to deter any further shaving from the bold piper!
2. It reveals the time of year in the seasons it was manufactured as well as the weather, temperature and humidity on the day (it can be looked up)
3. The place reveals the weather and how far above sea level the reed was manufactured (none at all in Hull!). I remember reeds made and working fine in Blackheath in the Blue Mountains would bark somewhat when initially introduced to Sydney. The reverse was also observed. Also, it’s nice to realize how old they are becoming and where they started from. Happy piping!
BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER. Dicky will be happy to discuss postage and how you would like to progress the purchase i.e. registered post of chanter for the reed to be tailored on for example a practise set or half set with drones. UK Special Delivery £6.70 : Europe Signed £8.48 : USA Tracked £9.17 : Australia Tracked £9.38. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org