This month Krystal and myself will be working on our new CD at Sound Arc Studios in Shefford and preparing material for the Festive Season gigs. With the darker nights it is always great to be making music in a pub with a warm fire and out of the autumn chill. We are at The Musgrave Arms on Saturday 26th November so we hope to see some of our old friends from that area over to enjoy the Craic. It has been some time since we played at The Musgrave Arms so are looking forward to this return visit. Wild dancing by some of the young locals is always a bit of Musgrave Madness! Here are some of the Celtic Krystal gigs coming up and please visit the GIG Page for more information.
- The Musgrave Arms – Saturday 26th November 2016 – 9.00pm – 11.00pm
- The Boot -Baldock – Saturday 3rd December 2016 – 9.15pm
- La Concha Winebar & Tapas – Letchworth – Saturday 17th December 2016 8.30pm – 10.30pm
- The Old George – Ickleford – Tuesday 20th December 2016 – 8.00pm TBC
- The Victoria – Hitchin – Wednesday 21st December 2016 – 9.00pm
- The Bell on the Common – Broughton Gifford – Saturday 21st January 2017 – Burn’s Supper (All Ticket from Pub Bar)
- Burn’s Night Wednesday 25th January 2017 – More information to follow.
- St.Patrick’s Day – The Victoria, Hitchin – Friday 17th March 2017 – (9.00pm TBC)
- St.Patrick’s ‘Hair of the Dog’ – La Concha Winebar & Tapas – Letchworth – Sat.18th March 2016 – 8.00pm
- Galway 2017 – TBC
- Celtic Krystal supports ROTW
- If you are considering hosting an event and require a Celtic vibe of songs, jigs and reels, then why not get in touch via our contact page.
For two of the local Folk Clubs visit their web site to see what is on during the month of October The Hitchin Folk Club and Royston Folk Club. The Tangler will be holding another Granby Session, behind the Lister Hospital, on Saturday 5th November. Music, Song, Fireworks around and abound, and the Craic
English Folk Dance and Song Society – Folk Festivals in November.
International Guitar Festival of Great Britain – 1st Nov 2016 – Wirral, Merseyside Lowender Peran – 2nd Nov 2016 – Newquay, Cornwall Birmingham TradFest – 24th Nov 2016 – Birmingham, West Midlands Bedworth Folk Festival – 25th Nov 2016 – Bedworth, Warwickshire Taking place in December The Great British Folk Festival – 2nd Dec 2016 – Skegness, Lincolnshire
Scottish Folk Music – Folk Festivals in November.
Denholm Folk Festival – 3rd Nov 2016 – Denholm, Borders Perthshire Amber – 3rd Nov 2016 – Several locations nr Dunkeld, Perthshire House Folk Music Festival – 10th Nov 2016 – Kinlochard, Stirlingshire Fiddle 2016 – 18th Nov 2016 – Edinburgh, Midlothian Islay Sessions – 18th Nov 2016 – Islay, Hebrides
Folkal Point web site Sponsored by Robin Campbell & folk
Colin Macdonald’s Folkal Point
FOLKAL POINT airs simultaneously on Thursdays (10pm – midnight) across the Cowal Peninsula via Dunoon Community Radio – 97.4 FM and online, with a Sunday 8-10pm repeat – 105.2 FM in the Uists and Benbecula via An Reidio and Two Lochs Radio (Wester Ross) on 106 and 106.6 FM. The two-hour programme is re-transmitted online three times a week by Blues and Roots Radio to Canada, Australia and Europe. Folkal Point also has a Friday midnight slot on DAB digital and online broadcaster Radio Telstar throughout Glasgow and surrounding areas, plus a Saturday night outing (10pm-midnight) on HBS in Glasgow and Paisley. HBS (in Glasgow and Paisley), which now also serves the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. Folkal Point – now in its fifth decade – is produced and presented by Colin MacDonald in Scotland at the Wellington Street studios of HBS in Glasgow.