Welcome to the web site of Robin Campbell & Celtic Krystal, and welcome to the New Year 2017. We wish you a very happy, healthy, prosperous and peaceful New Year. January is always a fairly quiet month as we all make our new year resolutions, which last in my case, normally less than a week! It’s a month of generally being ‘skint’ and hoping for the coffers to be replenished as best they can. That said, if you are in Glasgow in January it is ‘rammed’ with good music at Celtic Connections 2017. Being a Scot allows one further celebration that cannot be overlooked and must be honoured around January 25th, that of robert Burns Scotland’s National Bard. Celtic Krystal will be performing at three Burns Suppers in January as listed below. To find more detail on the coming gigs please visit the GIG Page for more information. We are in the studio over the next few months working on our new CD. Hopefully in March 2017 it will be launched, a bit like a ship, as many of the songs refer to the sea! The exact date is still to be decided, but we will let you know when it is about to escape the recording studios at SoundARC in Shefford. Finally, I have a favourite Rabbie Burn’s song ‘Rantin’ Rovin’ Robin’ on my ‘In Folkus’ for January as the Burn’s Night Celebrations ‘kick-in’ at the end of January. A song Burn’s probably wrote about his own existence!
- The Bell on the Common – Broughton Gifford – Saturday 21st January 2017 – Burn’s Supper (All Ticket from Pub Bar)
- The Victoria – Hitchin – Burn’s Night – Wednesday 25th January 2017 – 8.00pm (For the ‘supper’ please book via The Victoria web site.)
- St.Patrick’s Day – The Boot, Baldock – Friday 17th March 2017 – afternoon session 4.00pm – 6.00pm.
- St.Patrick’s Day – The Victoria, Hitchin – Friday 17th March 2017 – (9.00pm TBC)
- St.Patrick’s ‘Hair of the Dog’ – La Concha Winebar & Tapas – Letchworth – Sat.18th March 2016 – 8.00pm
- Galway 2017 – TBC
- Celtic Krystal supports ROTW
- If you are considering hosting an event and require a Celtic vibe of songs, jigs and reels, then why not get in touch via our contact page.