Robin & Celtic Krystal ~ February 2018
NEWS ~ GIGS ~ SHOP ONLINE FOR (CDs and Herring Earrings!)
LOTS OF LOVE ON ST.VALENTINE’S DAY from CELTIC KRYSTAL
Krystal on Fiddle with Attitude! (Image by Geof Ide)
A quieter month for Celtic Krystal with only private gigs. For future Public Gigs visit the gig page for information.
Celtic Krystal – ‘The Silver Darlings’ Album CK2017
This exciting new album includes many well know traditional folksongs and fiddle tunes. Themed around Ewan MacColl’s famous ‘The Shoals of Herring’ – the backdrop for the new CD – gave a living narrative to the creative design work of Scottish Designer Eilidh Price. Here you have a vivid insight into the music behind the inlay card and booklet. Robin Campbell sings the songs and Krystal Woodbridge plays a variety of traditional fiddle tunes. Duncan Ivory brings Bass Guitar and Bass Ukulele, while Dicky Deegan completes the crew on Whistles and Uilleann pipes. We hope you will come aboard and enjoy this album.
1. Tenpenny Bit / The Blackthorn Stick / The Rakes of Mallow (Irish Traditional)
2. Hot Asphalt (Ewan MacColl) + King of the Fairies (Irish Traditional)
3. Shoals of Herring (Ewan MacColl)
4. Fiddler’s Green (John Conolly)
5. Denis Murphy’s / Bally Desmond / John Ryan’s (Irish Traditional)
6. She Moved through the Fair (Irish Traditional)
7. Wild Mountain Thyme (Francis McPeake)
8. Shandon Bells / Irish Washer Woman (Irish Traditional)
9. Fields of Athenry (Pete St.John)
10. Caledonia (Dougie McLean)
11. My love she’s but a lassie yet / The Atholl HIghlanders (Scottish Traditional)
12. Bonnie Glen Shee (Scottish Traditional)
CD available to purchase or download from the shop online.
CD available to purchase locally:
Hitchin Initiative & BID Office, 1A Churchyard, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1HR
Redhill Road Post Office, 12, Redhill Road, Hitchin, Herfordshire, SG5 2NJ
Useful Folk Links
Folkal Point web site : Sponsored by Robin Campbell – Music
Useful Folk Music Online
Booking Celtic Krystal
Celtic Krystal is available for Parties, Folk Nights, Ceilidhs, Concerts, Clubs, Pubs, Festivals, Weddings and Wakes, Saints Days and Holidays – indeed anywhere you want a Celtic vibe. email via our contact page or phone 07860 667 557.