At the end of November the Festive Gigs got off to a cracking start at The Musgrave Arms near Shillington. Now in the month of December the gigs around Christmas are always so special as people want to have a Fun Time! The list below shows a quick list of where we will be over the the next few weeks and we look forward to entertaining you this festive season. For more detail on the gigs coming up please visit the GIG Page for more information. We would like to thank all of you who supported our music in 2016 and wish you a Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year in 2017. Hopefully in 2017 we will be launching our new CD. The date is still to be decided but we will let you know when it is about to escape the recording studios at SoundARC in Shefford.
- The Boot -Baldock – Saturday 3rd December 2016 – 9.15pm
- La Concha Winebar & Tapas – Letchworth – Saturday 17th December 2016 8.30pm – 10.30pm
- The Old George – Ickleford – Tuesday 20th December 2016 – 8.00pm TBC
- The Victoria – Hitchin – Wednesday 21st December 2016 – 9.00pm
- The Bell on the Common – Broughton Gifford – Saturday 21st January 2017 – Burn’s Supper (All Ticket from Pub Bar)
- Burn’s Night Wednesday 25th January 2017 – More information to follow.
- St.Patrick’s Day – The Victoria, Hitchin – Friday 17th March 2017 – (9.00pm TBC)
- St.Patrick’s ‘Hair of the Dog’ – La Concha Winebar & Tapas – Letchworth – Sat.18th March 2016 – 8.00pm
- Galway 2017 – TBC
- Celtic Krystal supports ROTW
- If you are considering hosting an event and require a Celtic vibe of songs, jigs and reels, then why not get in touch via our contact page.
English Folk Dance and Song Society – Folk Festivals in December
The Great British Folk Festival – 2nd Dec 2016 – Skegness, Lincolnshire
Scottish Folk Music – Folk Festivals in January 2017.
Celtic Connections – 14th Jan 2016 – Glasgow, Strathclyde
Folkal Point web site Sponsored by Robin Campbell & folk
Colin Macdonald’s Folkal Point
FOLKAL POINT airs simultaneously on Thursdays (10pm – midnight) across the Cowal Peninsula via Dunoon Community Radio – 97.4 FM and online, with a Sunday 8-10pm repeat – 105.2 FM in the Uists and Benbecula via An Reidio and Two Lochs Radio (Wester Ross) on 106 and 106.6 FM. The two-hour programme is re-transmitted online three times a week by Blues and Roots Radio to Canada, Australia and Europe. Folkal Point also has a Friday midnight slot on DAB digital and online broadcaster Radio Telstar throughout Glasgow and surrounding areas, plus a Saturday night outing (10pm-midnight) on HBS in Glasgow and Paisley. HBS (in Glasgow and Paisley), which now also serves the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. Folkal Point – now in its fifth decade – is produced and presented by Colin MacDonald in Scotland at the Wellington Street studios of HBS in Glasgow.
LATEST NEWS: Listeners to Crystal FM 107.4, which serves south-west Midlothian, will find that Folkal Point has joined the community station’s Thursday evening programme schedule from 11.00pm – 1.00am.