Expect the Unexpected at our Gigs.
Ceud Mìle Fàilte
Robin Campbell’s Celtic MashUp was formed in 2019 featuring Robin on vocals and guitar with Matt Waters on violin. Former members Dicky Deegan (Uilleann Pipes / Whistles), Duncan Ivory (Bass Ukulele) and Lynden Campbell (Bodhran) made the original five-piece lineup complete. Robin and Matt now invite a variety of talented players to make the collective Celtic MashUp.
Our mashups are creative blends of songs or feats with traditional tunes of the Celtic Nations producing foot tapping rhythms. Don’t be surprised to find Lady Madonna having a fling with the Atholl Highlanders or Dennis Murphy riding Shotgun with George Ezra. Expect the unexpected at our gigs and we promise you a real shindig – Slàinte!
Music plays a huge part to any event, and this is especially true for your wedding day. If your roots are Celtic, or at least your Granny’s, Robin Campbell’s Celtic MashUp band will get the party shindig started.
Similarly, though sadly, we can provide that Celtic vibe at the family wake to remember loved ones with music. We can also arrange music for the funeral service or graveside.
Whatever the celebration, birthday parties, weddings, wakes, corporate events, Scottish and Irish themed gigs or down at the local pub give us a call. Taking bookings for 2024.
Pub gigs: £500
Public non-ticketed events: £500 – £1000
Private functions & ticketed events: £1000 – £1500
Note: St. Patrick’s Day, St. Andrew’s Day, Burns’ Suppers, Hogmanay, Christmas Eve and all public holidays carry an additional premium.
Baldock Folk Club
Date : December 20, 2023
Time : 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Location : The Orange Tree
Celtic MashUp Next Up – crazy, exciting year ahead. Loads of craic with weddings and wakes. Gigs in Yorkshire, Scotland and Ireland. Recording in Newry and gigs.
Celtic MashUp & Guests
Vocal / Guitar
Been around for a few summers, but still full of energy making music with Matt Waters in Celtic MashUp.
Matt, core member of Celtic Mashup. An exceptionally talented, dynamic fiddler, with plenty strings to his bow!
Uilleann Pipes / Whistles
International maestro of the Uilleann pipes and whistles, always great to have Dicky in the mix.
If this lady doesn’t get the beat, then there isn’t one!
Our virtuoso on acoustic and electric bass.
Former bass player with the band a master of the jigs and reels.
Joe Quinn - Guest
Singer / Guitarist
Always a pleasure to make music with Joe, when in town.
The Original Line Up
Paddy's Day 2021
One of the first gigs with Robin Campbell’s Celtic MashUp at the Khoi Khoi, Letchworth – March 2021. (Photograph by Robert Crowley)
The Vic Hitchin
St.Patrick's Day Celebrations 2023
A Celtic MashUp Shindig at The Vic, Hitchin for Paddy’s Day. Craicin’ night with the band and looking forward to next year !!
- Thanks for providing the music at my mother’s wake. It certainly raised the spirits as we sang and danced at The Bull, Gosmore. Fabulous & Sincere Thanks (Anna-Maria 15/10/2021)
- Thanks Robin, we had a great time and the band were fantastic. (Ali and Huw 19/03/2022)
- To you and all the band – thank you so much for really making the party very special. Every one of you played your hearts out and we were still talking about how great you were the next morning. You were right, the Uilleann pipes stole the show – it was my first live experience hearing them and I have to say, it stirred my soul listening to them. Very moving. I forgot the name of the player – would love to look him up on YouTube! All the best! (Mike 16/05/2022)
- What a terrific St Andrew’s celebration we had last night! Massive thanks to everyone who came along and joined in the singing with such hearty voice!
Great sets from Robin Campbell’s Celtic MashUp, The Tangler’s Irregulars and Kevin Johnson, so all in all a night to remember. (Brian Burke 30/11/2022)
- Hello Robin. I just wanted to say thank you to you and the rest of the band for an absolutely great evening of entertainment. Everyone really enjoyed the evening. Mark was thrilled to have you there. A very memorable 70th birthday.” (Diane Wearne 03/06/2023)
- Robin and his band performed at our wedding recently. They were amazing, our guests and ourselves loved them and had a great time. They were flexible and accommodating when our schedule didn’t stay as planned on the day. Robin is professional and helped us enormously prior to our wedding day to plan everything in a stress free way. Would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a band for any occasion. (Adam and Emma 29/07/2023)
- Dear Robin, just a brief note to say a Big Thank You for an absolutely fabulous time you provided for our guests & ourselves we all thoroughly enjoyed the music we “ could have danced all night “to your music. Please thank the other members of the brilliant trio of musicians Thank you all once again (Colleen and George 20/08/2023)
We have PA for most gigs except the O2!
We have PLI through the Musicians Union, covers accidents, but not Armageddon!
Celtic MashUp Photography Subject to Copyright